Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Organisation

Our house can range from total chaos to semi-presentable, depending on How many people have been in the house for the and how long until we are expecting visitors.

Recently our house went from a three adult, two child home to a two and two. With the loss of that extra adult and his stuff, came the realisation that our house really is big enough for all of us, but that it required a great deal of reorganisation to make it a functional family home.

We have slowly begun the journey, starting with the play room. The tubs stay organised most of the time and the boys are learning to put things back where they came from and to play with one tub at a time and putting it away BEFORE pulling out another. I still have a bit of work to do in organising the shelving though...

One thing many of my friends ask is how do I have time to make/print all the activities for the boys. Simply, I do it at night when they are tucked up in bed. Sometimes I stay up past eleven, trawling Pinterest/blogs on my phone searching for new ideas and saving them, ready to be explored further in the morning.

BUT, I am not a morning person and the late nights probably don't help that. We get out the door on time, but usually there are a few fights on the way. So usually, all those things I should do in the morning like breakfast dishes and washing gets put off until later- in the day or the week. I know I should sweep my floors or wipe the benches or scrub the bathrooms at night, but the motivation to clean is just not there.

So I have decided to take up The Organised Housewife's 20 days to organise and clean your home challenge. Hopefully this will help to get my home looking and feeling like we love it. And hopefully after it is all finished I will be able to keep it that way!



The Organised Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment