Thursday, August 23, 2012

SO the first installment...

So it has taken me a few days to work out the details of just how to do what I want to do and post the documents for you are to download, but hopefully with the help of Google, this will be my first official resource post!

Oh and a quick heads up, I dont claim to be the best at any of this, and I am certainly learning as I go too. I am not particularly good at english (as my spelling and grammar will show) but I hope you can get past that and enjoy the posts and use the resources to help your little ones. To add an extra bit into the mix I am currently typing this with my 21month old on my lap yelling in my ear "look mummy, a '1'", "look mummy, a 'o'". Hehe the joys of life with a toddler.

Ok, so here goes.

C does one lesson of Reading Eggs most days, he loves it and is able to mostly work independently, allowing me to spend some time working with N on more hands on activities.

So while N was having his nap, we did a couple of little activities to get him in the mood for learning. Today was a couple of ideas I spotted on pinterest and whipped up last night.

The first was a missing number activity, where I had a 5x10 board with one number on each line, to help him. Of course you could adjust this to add more or less numbers, change the numbers shown, maybe even leaving out all the odd or even numbers, certain multiples etc. I am still working out how to upload excel and word docs so at the moment all I have to offer is the PDF, one that is blank, and one that has the numbers I used today. But feel free to recreate it in excel, or use the blank one and add your own numbers. oh and I have highlighted every second box to show even numbers.



The second was a numbers/colours activity. I created a graph on which C had to colour in a certain number of boxes for each colour. This is great for learning the names of colours and reading, counting and of course learning to colour inbetween the lines (something C is still learning). I have left the numbers blank at the bottom so you can fill in your own numbers and change them each time you do the activity. Click on the picture to download.





I will try to post a photo of C doing the activity or his finished product so you can see how he has used it and adapt it for your use :)

Oh and most of the time I print and laminate the sheets I make. They can then be used over and over, not just by C but by N to.

So I hope you find these usefull and I will endevour to add more of the resources as I go. And feel free to comment if there is any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment